Criteria Comments Rating
- Voice / mic quality No comments
- Sound quality Sound quality was amazing, playing Black Ops you could hear detailed sounds you simply couldn't hear through the TV.
- Comfort Foam around the ears/top of the head makes it comfortable & avoids a sticky feel. Fits my head at the lowest settings so it would be too big for a kid gamer.
- Durability No comments
- Design and form factor It's a attractive gamer design; black-on-black with green lights. Feels a little heavy. The charging stand/receiver gives it a dedicated gamer look.
- Warning for original xbox 360 owners: One thing I want to warn is this wasn't made to work with HDMI on the original Xbox 360 out of the box! After half an hour trying to get it to work I finally found out on their FAQ that it requires an additional component. You have to buy a RCA Audio Cable Adapter so the headsets audio can go through the RCA port on the xbox 360, so you can still use HDMI. A side effect of this is also when you switch your tv's source (to say, check something on cable) your xbox will reset. Source: www.razerzone.com/minisite/chimaera/faq/setup#faq-...
- Pricey; Full retail price: $129 ($199 for the 5.1 dolby surround version)
- Ears get a little warm after around an hour but actually not as bad as a lot of other headphones I've tried.
- I was really impressed with the sound quality; sounds like gun shots and footsteps created an even more immersed experience. I felt like i could hear the direction other gamers were coming from by their footsteps.
5 people find this review helpful