Criteria Comments Rating
- Display / readability The text is bigger and clearer for manga than the Kindle 4. Books are great too. Display's image dithering is also better than Kindle 4.
- Battery life E-ink is great because it lasts about a month.
- Store and selection of titles No comments
- Ease of use Just drag and drop epubs in it.
- Document support No comments
- Storage capacity I love how it has an expandable MicroSD slot. 1GB is not enough for me because I put manga on it.
- Durability The device is a combination of plastic and metal.
- Design and form factor It's like any e-reader, I feel it's got corners that are a bit too pointy for my tastes.
- Portability (size / weight) It's lighter than the Kindle 4, which is great for me because the Kindle 4 was heavy at long periods of time.
I will compare it to the Kindle 4 which I've returned to replace with the Sony E-reader. I needed the expandable microSD slot so that I can put my manga collection on it.
- Memory slot expansion
- Image dithering and refresh is much better (Kindle 4 is problematic for images/cbr/cbz, leaves parts of previous images on screen <- not even setting dithering option fixes it)
- Lighter (comparable to Kindle 4)
- Touch screen (swipe to switch pages)
- Physical buttons on the bottom and not at the sides (Side buttons were awkward to my hands and would be uncomfortable to press)
- Easily customizable wallpaper / stand-by screen
- More expensive than the Kindles
- Doesn't read cbr, cbz, lit file types -- needs conversion software
- Smaller selection of cases from official site and elsewhere
0 people find this review helpful