Criteria Comments Rating
- Reception and call quality We have horrible reception at home with all phones, but friends with other phones always have better reception here than me.
- Display Clear nice screen... backlight not enough in sunshine, but works well most of the time.
- Battery life While I am spoilt by growing up with phones that lasted weeks, the xperia actually does all-right. I get more than I need out of it.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use Windows mobile is not the most user friendly system out there. Xperia's panels does make it better, but still... meh.
- Design and form factor I like the size and feel of it. The screen feels a bit small in comparison to the modern smartphones, but I like the compactness of it... fits well in a pocket.
- Portability (size / weight) Like I said above, fits well in a pocket. Bigger phones feel like they would snap if the pants contour to your leg, but this one feels stable enough to take it.
- Media support Third party audio player is not required, but recommended, and makes this a lovely music phone... Videos on the other hand has to be exactly the right format.
- Durability The keyboards, which are wonderful to type on btw, tend to stop working on some letters with age. Have also had a screen crack, and some cases crack as well.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Windows mobile is not the prime target for someone interested in apps, but it does have a fair few third party programs out there... if you can find them.
All in all the only reason I still use this cellphone is because it still "works", and I can't decide which one to get next. The only real plus I find here is the keyboard, it is wonderful, and I've written pages and pages on it without problem. The main downside? Windows mobile, and panels. I haven't used panels since I got the phone, they are clunky and badly designed, and it really isn't the easy to use thing that the advertisement portrayed. Also the prettier panels suck batterylife like a mother-in-law sucks down margaritas while ogling the poolboy. And now the keyboard is breaking.
0 people find this review helpful