Criteria Comments Rating
- Features It's Android 2.2, you can modify it any way you want. The UI is up to you. Not the manufacturer. Fast enough CPU, Has Samsung's great GPU from the Galaxy S.
- Display Great for an LCD. A giant Super AMOLED would have been beastly, but, alas, not to be.
- Battery life I abuse this thing all day at work, I get about 8 hours of solid messing around; the screen is almost never fully off. Pretty impressive.
- Ease of use Again, it's Android. It's as easy to use as any smartphone OS and one can do anything with launchers, UI enhancements, etc. to make it work how they want.
- Storage capacity I thought it came with a 16gb SD card. It's actually internal, plus a 16gb SD card I added. I stream everything anyways with AudioGalaxy, ORB, etc.
- Design and form factor Nice design insofar as a rectangular block can be. I love the 7 inch form factor. It's perfect for me, one handed use, not like using a small laptop.
- Portability (size / weight) It's smaller than an SUV, so it portable. The 7 inch size is perfect for a tablet. The 10 inch is basically a keyboardless laptop. I can fit it in a pocket.
- Durability Seems sturdy. Likely not bulletproof. It's all solid state, not much to wear out. It's still new. I will hold off driving nails with it just in case though.
Great device. I wanted a dual core Honeycomb tablet, but I got a steal on this thing. It's faster than I thought. Pretty junk free, which is likely due to the wifi only model not getting molested by a cell provider. Samsung is good about not locking anything, so it's fairly moddable.
1 person found this review helpful