Criteria Comments Rating
- Features 8M pixel front cam, plus 2M pixel reverse is great. Nice and fast, running Honeycomb. 16GB built in memory, but no expansion!
- Display Gorgeous and crisp. Fits proper widscreen movies much better than the iPad
- Battery life Only need to charge once every two days of moderate use.
- Ease of use Google Honeycomb OS is a dream...although some work needed in the application side of things.
- Storage capacity Why did they not add a microSD slot is beyond me!
- Design and form factor Beautiful to look at and hold. Ridges on the back make it easy to grips sideways.
- Portability (size / weight) Limited edition is too thick, and Samsung realised too late I think. Hence the new 10.1 and 8.9 versions coming out in a few months.
- Durability Seems tough enough, but plastic casing. Let's see how it holds out over months of constant usage.
A little upset on a couple of things. Lack of expansion slot was silly considering it probably would not have added too much to the design or cost. Case supplied is a little heavy but very welcome! I hope Samsung keep the OS updates coming out regularly...they have a bad track record with the Galaxy S and other devices. Limited edition sounds great, but a good way to get rid of a mistake in making the 10.1v. The new ones will probably sell like hotcackes. Still, the vanilla OS on the 10.1v is awesome, and my friends are very envious. Love the Tab 10.1v and a welcome change to my iPad and Apple domination in this area to date.
2 people find this review helpful
Updated detailed review