Criteria Comments Rating
- Features Everything you want/need in a tablet and then some.
- Display With a 10.1 inch screen, easily adjustable brightness, and smooth transitioning with rotation, the Note is just incredible.
- Battery life I tested this device multiple times... Using heavy duty apps and the brightness on blast. Gives you plenty of battery life.
- Ease of use The tutorials teach you everything you need to know.
- Storage capacity Plenty of storage to save what I need saved, and that is just with the on board 16GB memory. I have yet to even load up the SD card.
- Design and form factor I love the design, and would have given it 5 stars if the power button was on the side. I will explain why in my briefing.
- Portability (size / weight) Love the size. Large enough to watch movies on and feel comfortable. Weight feels sturdy but not too heavy.
- Durability I feel like this thing is built tough, but with such a large screen it worries me. I will not test this category out though!
I will make this short and sweet. I have always been a tech guy, keeping up with the latest gadgets and what not. However, when the tablets came about I just didn't feel the need to buy one since I have a nice laptop. Well, all of that changed when I played around with the Galaxy Tab that my friend purchased. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to start researching, and went to every retail store in my area. I played with every single tablet I could find, testing them to find out their capabilities as far as speed and functionality. When I purchase a new piece of technology, I don't dive in blindly. I build my own PC's, making sure I squeeze every bit of bang out of my buck. When I first picked up the Note, I didn't see much difference between it and the Tab at first. Of course, I had no idea about the SPen and the multiscreen tasking at first glance. These two features are what did it for me. I've always been a fan of Samsung products. My first smartphone was the Fascinate, which I don't currently use but still own today... and it works just like the day I bought it. I can assure you that if you are in the market for a tablet, the Galaxy Note 10.1 is where it's at. I would've given this item a 10/10 if the power button was on the side. I know, sounds stupid. But all of the bluetooth keyboards I have found clamp down right on the power button when the tablet is face down and secured. This causes quite a problem if you want to leave your tablet on. The only way around this is to turn the tablet around, which isn't a big deal unless you're totally OCD like I am. As far as the rest of the features, they seem very well explained in the rest of the reviews so I won't become a broken record. In conclusion, all I can say is you won't regret this purchase.
0 people find this review helpful
Updated detailed review
Edited comment on Storage capacity