My current setup is an Windows 7 desktop. I use iTunes to manage my media, which I store on a Drobo as my NAS. I formatted the Drobo to use NTFS and have ~1.75 TB of files on the Drobo. I also use Backblaze to backup the Drobo to the cloud.
I have a new Mac Mini which I am testing out. I am having issues using MacFUSE with Tuxera NTFS for Mac (www.tuxera.com/products/tuxera-ntfs-for-mac/) to mount the Drobo. No matter what I have read / tried, the Drobo is read only with no ability to write to the disk.
Here are my questions:
- Is there something I am missing being new to Mac?
- Are there performance issues using NTFS on a Mac?
- Should I abandon the idea of using NTFS and format the Drobo to HFS+?
- Will I be able to copy files between NTFS and HFS+? Are there any issues or "gotchas" I need to be aware of if I choose this route?
- Are there any other paths I could use?