Criteria Comments Rating
- Reception and call quality Best ear speaker of all the various Samsungs/Motorolas/HTCs/LG/iPhones I've used
- Display I see lots of reviews claim its not high res then go on to say it's the best display comparable to the retina display. ClearBlack is the best display, bar none.
- Battery life Medium use of web browsing, a few calls here and there, battery will last near 14 hours where an android would last 4/5 hours.
- Camera 8MP Carl Zeiss... Omg I took this phone with me to WrestleMania and took the best pictures I've ever seen. Even in low light & no light, the LED flash is great.
- Ease of use WP7.5 has come a long way from where it started. Metro UI is simple yet refreshing and elegant. Comparable 3rd party apps for Pandora and Words with Friends
- Design and form factor Have you felt the "high end" Galaxy Note? Oh, well the Note feels cheap, the Lumia 900 has a single piece poly carb, non cheap feeling body.
- Portability (size / weight) Phone feels nice in hand, doesn't feel too light like I'm going to drop it. Nice size screen for single handed texting.
- Media support Again the market is bolstering with new QUALITY apps & comparable 3rd party ones. Zune Pass costs as much as 10 songs on iTunes and I can stream unltd songs.
- Durability Very durable phone. The Corning Gorilla glass has withstood keys in my pocket for 2 weeks now. The bezel doesn't appear to be scuffed either.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) While the eco system isn't the largest, the quality of available apps and accessories are fantastic. Nokia Purity head phones by Monster, yes!
I've never had a Nokia device and while this one may not carry a dual core processor, its not needed. The single 1.4GHz processor and ie9 mobile do more than any "highend" Android and the speed of loading pages is comparable to the iPhone 4s. This flagship device is coming out swinging. I hope this is a hit and Nokia brings more devices to the table. As technology advances and this phone may not have the most cores or "highest" resolution that only tech nerds want in the device pissing contest, you will still win with the Lumia 900.
7 people find this review helpful