Criteria Comments Rating
- Reception and call quality A noticeable improvement in reception and quality than any other phone I've used. Speakerphone could be better, but I don't use it.
- Display Beautiful screen. No qualms about it. The 3.7" size is just right. Blacks look as if they flow into the bezel.
- Battery life Could always be better, but a solid day of general use. In line with most smartphones, slightly better than some Android phones I've used.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use It takes some getting used to, but once you do - Windows Phone is one of the most intutive and fastest OS'es out there.
- Design and form factor Beautiful in black. Cool in blue.
- Portability (size / weight) Despite being made out of "plastic" - it's feels really solid and has a pleasant weight to it. Doesn't feel like a toy.
- Media support Zune is a great media player, and Nokia Music is surprisingly decent. Could do with more out of the box support for DivX or AVI files.
- Durability Gorilla Glass and a solid, scratch restistant body. What's not to like?
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Skype will bring this up to a 4 - but in general, I'm really happy with the apps on the Marketplace. Has everything I need.
Best Nokia in a decade. And the best overall Windows Phone out there right now - lack of a front facing camera isn't important enough of an issue since there are basically no apps that use it right now. Power users might want to go for something like the Titan - but the Lumia is the better option in terms of design, hardware. Feels "just right".
4 people find this review helpful