Criteria Comments Rating
- Ease of use I really liked the interface on this router and it is still one of my favorites.
- Speed / throughput It was VERY fast for its time. The 7 internal antennas really did a good job.
- Configurability / networking features This router did everything I wanted. It may have not been the best at doing it but, all around it was one of the best I've owned.
- Reliability No comments
- Range This had the best range of any router I had tried at the time, and I would dare say close to the range of some N routers today.
- Durability I ended up giving two of these away and they still work. Why 2? Because in the past, I had always needed 2, until this router.
I would say this is the best bargain router you can buy now, IF you don't need N speed. I think this thing is like $40 now? The ONLY complain I have about this is I was never able to turn off the lights on top so it was bright at night. I ended up covering them with something to dim it. They may have a firmware option I never found, or that is available now plus I seem to remember a plastic cover that I probably lost. This is a very minor gripe.
0 people find this review helpful