Criteria Comments Rating
- Ease of use You can plug it in and it's ready to use, although you should secure your network if you have neighbors.
- Speed / throughput It's Wifi-N, and when that isn't good enough it has 4 Gbe ports.
- Configurability / networking features Install DD-WRT if you want to be able to really dig deeps and configure it, but the stock firmware does get the job done.
- Reliability Sometimes we have to reboot it when it overheats, but you may need to just clean it out.
- Range I can get a decent signal on my iPod out in the field behind my house, and keep it almost 400 feet away.
- Durability It's a router, it shouldn't break.
We got this router because we desperately needed to connect multiple devices to the internet at the same time, and sharing one ethernet cord was not going to do it. It has worked well, and it was cheap too.
0 people find this review helpful