Criteria Comments Rating
- Reception and call quality No audio issues. Strong volume and callers can hear me clearly. Speaker phone works very well.
- Display Not quite as vibrant as my old OLED screened phone but very clear and good resolution. Viewing angles are decent. Text is clear.
- Battery life Heavy usage, mostly the screen based on the battery manager app, drains the battery quickly. I can get about 8 - 9 hours before I need a charge.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use Easy to get started but there are some bits that take some figuring out. The contacts situation, which is 50/50 motoblur/google, especially was frustrating.
- Design and form factor Looks great. Its not heavy while still feeling solid.
- Portability (size / weight) Fits nicely in my pocket and feels good in the hand.
- Media support Flash support is good. Haven't found an issue yet. Included office type app opened my work documents and pdf's quickly.
- Durability It is plastic but it feels solid. A good case though for a phone like this should be a given.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) The android market is great. The docks seem gimmicky and expensive. It was nice to have an HDMI cable included.
I love this phone. Its a powerful little device and my computer is about to divorce me for neglect. I was never big on using a cell phone for the web/emails/gaming etc but this phone has changed my mind about all of that. Its super fast and I'm not finding it hard to find apps to cover my wants and needs. Its a joy to use and call quality is great. I even like the fingerprint scanner which I thought would be a novelty that I'd eventually turn off. My only real ding to the phone is the battery life. I'm probably using it excessively but I'm only barely getting through a full day on a charge.
0 people find this review helpful