Criteria Comments Rating
- Ease of use Very much easy to navigate.
- Speed Could feel laggy when searching the marketplace especially if the server is busy.
- Configurability Many options with music and with synching. Nice to have a mini player option.
- Ecosystem (apps, drivers, etc.) Works great with Windows 7. Ran with all my audio devices and can be controlled easily with keyboard's multimedia keys.
- Openness Can't say much since I didn't do anything other than using it as a media player with Zune Pass.
Weirdly enough I like how simple this is compared to iTunes, Winamp, etc even though I do notice the others may have more features. I like the simple layout and with my touchscreen monitor this layout is very clean to use. Only thing I didn't like is the DRM policy when you have too many computers or too many players linked in to your Zune pass account or when the Zune server seems to be down or busy that it takes forever to load the item you are searching for in the marketplace.
3 people find this review helpful