gdgt is hiring! We are a new breed of product-driven social platforms changing the way consumers share and acquire information about their products. gdgt leverages a robust structured product database connecting to people with products (and, in turn, one another).
We work in small, effective teams, iterating rapidly and maximizing impact on the millions of people using our product. We're well grounded, but our goals are lofty -- which is why we need bold, inspired, relentless people to help us achieve them.
gdgt is funded by some of the smartest investors in the business, including True Ventures, Spark Capital, and Betaworks. If you love gadgets and think you have what it takes, join us! Current positions include:
Do you tirelessly argue in favor of one gadget over its competition? Have you ever wanted to share those opinions on products with the world? If you're an avid reader of tech sites, love technology, work independently, and are extremely attentive to detail, we've got a gig you'll want to check out. You'll be working in our product research team focusing on researching and assessing qualitative data points from around the web (critic reviews, user reviews, forums, etc.) for a variety of technology products, and compiling the data necessary to build our gdgt scores and reviews.
What our product research team is up to:
- Making sure the latest products are always on the site
- Researching and inputting specs
- Approving incoming product submissions from users
- Verifying data from products already in the system
- Other site and data maintenance / upkeep
- Detail oriented
- Really detail oriented
- Actually, you might even say anal retentive
- Broad knowledge of various technology product categories
- Strong, clear opinions about gadgets
- Tireless and resourceful when doing research
- Kick-ass Google-fu
You should have a flexible schedule and be available during the week year-round; experience with online communities is a plus (obviously), but love of gadgets and consumer tech is a must. Oh, demonstrate your attention to detail by using the word meticulous in your email subject to us.
Position is part-time; US-based (remote is okay).
- An innate love and understanding of the web.
- Belief that a worthy product with thoughtful design and sound engineering can truly change the world.
- Willingness to challenge assumptions, especially your own.
- An inspired, inspiring personality. You want to work with creative problem solvers, not cogs -- and so do we.
- A proactive and self-directed approach: you don't need -- or want -- someone micromanaging you.
- Desire for challenge and growth. You're self-reliant, clever, and resourceful, and we will grow together.
- Fearless. You may fail, but you're honest, resilient, positive, and never ready to throw in the towel.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- The facilities to recognize a good internet meme when you see one.
Naturally, you'll need to legally be able to work in the US, and, if specified, be in proximity to the position in question (or willing to relocate). To apply, use our contact form to send us a message with:
- A little something about yourself and why you're specifically interested in working on gdgt.
- Some of your favorite gadgets on your list (and why).
- Your employment history.
- Any sites or projects you've worked on that may be relevant to the position.
Make sure you include title of the job you're applying for in the subject.