Criteria Comments Rating
- Reception and call quality It's got 2 types of 4G, what do you expect?
- Display Magnificent.
- Battery life Lasts all day but could be a little better.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use Android is super easy to use and Ice Cream Sandwich will definitely improve on this even more.
- Design and form factor Metal battery door and slick design.
- Portability (size / weight) It's pretty big, but what do you expect for a phone of this size?
- Media support Haven't exactly tested this yet, but 3rd party apps will play anything.
- Durability I've dropped this phone twice on concrete, screen down and on the edges. Not a single scratch at all, even reflecting light off of it. It's a miracle.
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Pfff... It's Android :)
This phone is absolutely brilliant. Don't let other reviewers convince you of the SGSII or Skyrocket because benchmarks mean absolutely nothing compared to real world performance. I've owned this device for quite a while now and came from the HTC Inspire 4G. This is the phone I have been waiting for, I have been following the HTC Holiday rumors for months before this phone was even announced. The screen is massive and looks beautiful, even compared to the Skyrocket's Super AMOLED Plus display. Everything looks much more crisp on this display and won't disappoint. Although due to it's massive size it may be kind of clunky if you aren't used to a big phone. As far as battery life goes, it's been really great for me. I use the internet all day (browsing, apps, internet radio) and quite a bit of gaming and it lasts me nearly all day. For performance, don't let reviewers fool you, this phone is blazing fast and has never lagged. Ever. It's processor is the same of that in the Skyrocket, but is actually underclocked to 1.2GHz rather than 1.5GHz. This helps make the phone very power efficient while keeping high performance. The camera is absolutely magnificent. Every photo I take is frame-worthy They are super sharp and keep a ton of details with no pixelation. Another thing to note is the 1080p video at 60fps. In the end, compared to the SGSII Skyrocket it comes down to this: Which brand do you like better? That's the only major difference. TouchWiz or Sense? HTC Design or Samsung Design? Personally I like this phone better and do not regret getting it whatsoever.
0 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Media support
Edited comment on Durability
Edited comment on Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.)
Edited comment on Portability (size / weight)
Edited comment on Design and form factor
Edited comment on Display
Edited comment on Battery life
Edited comment on Ease of use
Edited comment on Reception and call quality