Criteria Comments Rating
- Reception and call quality Easily the best sounding device I've ever had. Numerous callers I've talked to have mentioned how clear I sound, even when in a noisy environment.
- Display Bright, vibrant colours. Easy to see in the sun, despite some glare. Very nice resolution of 480x800 on a 3.6" display leads to a very high PPI.
- Battery life Not bad for a modern, powerful smartphone. Nothing to write home about otherwise.
- Camera No comments
- Ease of use webOS on a smartphone is very smooth and intuitive, and offers TRUE multitasking. Keyboard is top notch and feels better than several BlackBerries i've owned.
- Design and form factor Feels very nice in hand with the curved back. Slide mechanism feels solid with very little play. Could really stand to have a physical camera button
- Portability (size / weight) Small but not too small. Easy to hold or slide into a pocket. Has some heft, but not heavy.
- Media support Fairly standard media format support, though video formats could be more diverse.
- Durability Feels very well built. Soft rubbery material used for the body should prevent the scratchy look other finishes have. Gorilla Glass screen covers the entire face
- Ecosystem (apps, accessories, etc.) Accessories that exist from HP are great (Touchstone!), but no 3rd party accessories exist. App store is limited. Some compatibility issues from previous OS ver
This is a fantastic device cut short by HP's lack of direction. The hardware is smooth, quick, and pretty modern; about where the 2nd generation WP7 phones are (mid-1 GHz single core CPUs, 480x800 displays, etc.). Undoubtedly the best hardware webOS has ever seen.
0 people find this review helpful