Criteria Comments Rating
- Ease of use Everything is accessible through menus but I sometimes wish there are shortcuts like for the tethering options.
- Speed After upgrading the Nexus One to 2.2 from 2.1 the phone felt much snappier and it has the Quadrant scores to prove it.
- Configurability Very highly configurable. If you don't want the homescreen that it came with you can install another kind.
- Ecosystem (apps, drivers, etc.) The Marketplace doesn't lack any apps that you'll need but the cost of Android's openness is that the UI may feel inconsistent going from app to app.
- Openness This really depends on the device but Android is very open to the point where it's could be very easy to install your own firmware on it.
The best part of the Android 2.2 is the addition of the wired and wireless tethering ability. If you have an unlocked device this is a free feature.
0 people find this review helpful