Criteria Comments Rating
- Image quality The image quality, especially if you play with the color/contrast/etc settings, is superb. Assuming you can get it to focus, of course.
- Video quality No comments
- Battery life I suppose it's to be expected, but I had to buy additional batteries just to get through a day of shooting.
- Design and form factor It looks gorgeous, and I'd give it a 5 except that it has buttons it doesn't need (RAW) and lacking buttons it does (hello, dedicated ISO button?).
- Durability Haven't broken it yet, but the plastic door over the battery seems like a lame place to save a nickel on construction.
- Speed (start-up time, lag) Geezuz this thing is slow. Turn off ALL battery savings, set it to sleep only after 5 minutes inactivity, and you MIGHT not have to wait to get your next shot.
- Ease of use I shoot with a LOT of cameras and when a pro dSLR is less complicated than this, that's a problem. Would a little contextual help in the menus kill you, Fuji?
I want to love this camera. I really do. The image quality is great and it looks fabulous. But it takes days to start up, its focus (especially in low light) is abysmal, and manual focus is all but useless. At the end of the day, I use this camera less than I used my GF1 which I'm somewhat regretting selling. And that's what ultimately matters… no matter how great the camera is, if you don't use it, then what's the point.
0 people find this review helpful