Discussions: Gamingwatch discussions
Have something to say about Gaming?start a discussion
- No backwards compatibility with PS3, PS1 and PS2 will be streamed.
- Remote play on Vita (like some PS3 games can do right now).
- Games will no longer boot, they will download as you play them.
- You can stream gameplay to your friends and even let them take control.
- Developer-friendly, they say.
- A companion social app will be available.
- The PS4 will support PS Move.
- New DUALSHOCK 4 controller!
- All major third-party publishers will be making games....
With the Game Developer's Conference coming up next month, Sony's got a big event tonight, and the odds are good that what they'll be announcing is the next PlayStation home console, be it the "PlayStation 4" or the "Orbis" or whatever.
The details/rumor have been flying fast over the past year, and with Sony being notoriously tight-lipped about the system (even denying they were planning the next generation... Read more →
The big announcements included:
- An HD remake of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Zelda for the Wii U in development
- A new Mario game
- A new Mario Kart game
- A new Yoshi game
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
- Bayonetta 2
- A new game from Monolith Soft (possibly a new Xeno[blade] game)
- Wii Party sequel
- Miiverse coming to cell phones
Weekly Famitsu recently reported that shipments of the PlayStation 2 have ceased in Japan. So whatever stores have now in stock is it—gamers in the Land of the Rising Sun can no longer count on picking up a new PS2 (slimline) unit at their local electronics store. Now they'll have to resort to secondhand sales, or maybe it's time to move on to the PS3. Though it's worth nothing that the PS2 has one last gasp for Japan, in... Read more →
Then again, what does that say with the announcement of products like the Razer Project Fiona, a Windows 8... Read more →
Just... Read more →
All of this sounds like an absolute dream, but there's a reason it's been only a dream to this point. The cheap, open console idea has been tried before, most notably with the Indrema over 10 years... Read more →