Criteria Comments Rating
- Image quality Forget all the technical specifications, cameras should simply take stunning pictures, which is exactly what the S95 does.
- Video quality 720p at 24 frames per second looks closer to film than 30 or 60 fps. Tons of features from photo mode translate to video mode.
- Battery life This is the cameras weakest point. Since the processor eats battery life like crazy. I highly urge you to buy an extra battery
- Design and form factor Some people complain about the pop up flash placement. It's not an issue for me. This is timeless and functional design that other manufacturers are now copying
- Durability No comments
- Speed (start-up time, lag) Not the fastest shot for shot speed. Start Up times are quite good. The S95 is definitely not a slouch but also not a thoroughbred.
- Ease of use Near intuitive controls and functions.
Beware of what other camera manufacturer are calling compact cameras. The S95 is TRULY a compact camera, and the best one at that. The Photo quality and range of options put it at the head of a very prestigious class of enthusiast aimed power compacts. The design of the camera has been imitated by almost all other manufacturers (scroll wheel, control ring, proportions etc), which is a sign of ultimate flattery. One thing, however, which the competition cannot duplicate, is the harmonic operation between the sensor and image processor, which allows the S95 to take gorgeous pictures.
0 people find this review helpful
Edited comment on Image quality