Criteria Comments Rating
- Features Screen, front facing cam and performance is excellent. If it only had a camera on it's back it would be the holy grail of 7 inch tablets.
- Display While the high dpi is marvelous, the screen doesn't go as bright OR as dim as ,for example, a Nook Color's screen can go.
- Battery life Moderate web browsing and reading show great battery life, but games (while they run great) quickly sap the battery.
- Ease of use The fluid and responsive experience I have had so far is a world away from cheaper Android tablets I have used before. 4.2 is just a great OS.
- Storage capacity I have a 16GB model, so I can't complain. An SD card would have added more storage, but also more complexity in managing files/etc.
- Design and form factor The back has a lovely texture that's very grippy and warm to touch in cold weather.
- Portability (size / weight) The size is very well suited for carrying around or slipping into a jacket pocket. Very good for reading on public transportation, unlike a larger device.
- Durability No immediate glaring flaws in the hardware, but the large glass screen makes me scared of it dropping. Par for the course with these devices I suppose.
I've just had this tablet for a few days but I'm loving it. While I understand there is a lack of quality tablet optimized apps on Android, the 7 inch screen mitigates this somewhat as phone interfaces don't look so alien in most well designed apps. Also, there has been quite a spate of updates to popular apps bringing them in line with Holo guidelines and tablet interfaces, so the only place to go is up when talking about Android tablet apps. I plan to amend this review in a month or so to reflect on anything I might have noticed over a longer period of usage.
1 person found this review helpful