Criteria Comments Rating
- Features No comments
- Display The auto-dimming of the display is noticeable in a way I have not experienced with other devices. Otherwise it is bright and fast, and readable.
- Battery life In my use of it over the weekend the battery held up very well and supposedly it can handle 9 hours of video playback.
- Ease of use I have never used an Android device before but picked up the Nexus 7 quickly.
- Storage capacity No comments
- Design and form factor I like the textured back and the one-handed weight. It's too easy to tap the soft keys when holding it from the bottom. The on/off button is too inconspicuous.
- Portability (size / weight) No comments
- Durability No comments
The 7 is a super useful, portable, fast, and simple device. I got one at Google I/O and have been reading on it, watching a little TV, sending some email, and using it for work over the past few days. It is my first tablet (though I have played with other people's iPads) and my first Android. At $199 I am considering buying more of them for my company to use in various applications. One key caveat: As an iPhone user, I am used to being able to re-orient the device between landscape and portrait depending on what I am doing. The Nexus 7 is unfortunately portrait-only except for watching video or certain apps like games.
1 person found this review helpful