Criteria Comments Rating
- Ergonomics / comfort I'm between "so-so" and "good" on this device. It takes quite a bit of getting used to, and my hand gets tired after extended use.
- Design and form factor It's a very pretty device, simple, spare, neat. Quite classy.
- Configurability It was difficult to learn the different swipe behaviors; I had to Google how to turn right-click on, which doesn't strike me as particularly easy to configure.
- Accuracy It seems pretty accurate. No complaints here.
- Portability Very easy to stash in a pocket and go.
The Magic Mouse is a pretty cool device. It looks great and does its job well, but the comfort isn't as good for extended use as my trackball. Also, and this might be a silly complaint, but it's difficult to use if you have nails that are slightly longer than very closely trimmed because it's harder to get your fingertips to contact the surface. Do the positives outweigh the negatives? Yes. Does the Magic Mouse revolutionize my mousing experience? Not really.
4 people find this review helpful