Criteria Comments Rating
- Speed and features The i7 model with the 256gb SSD packs a great punch for such a small machine. More than capable as a secondary machine, has become my daily driver.
- Design and form factor I am still amazed at the size of this machine. I love being able to put the laptop in my bag and forget that it is even there.
- Battery life My wife and I unplug the device in the mornings and no matter what we throw at it, we are able to use it throughout the day, no problem.
- Display The 1440x900 resolution is a god-send in comparison to the resolution of the 13" Macbook. I can't wait for Apple to expand the resolution to the other models.
- Durability While the machine may seem less durable than the larger MBP 13" model, I have actually found that there is less flex in the display and a truly solid laptop.
- Expandability Obviously, with only 2 USB ports and soldered in RAM, you can't expand very far. It is just a compromise that I was willing to make for the size.
- Noise There isn't much noise on the laptop and it is only noticeable in a quiet room if you are watching silent movies.
- Portability (size / weight) All I can say is it is the best laptop I have ever had the pleasure of holding in one hand and letting disappear in my bag.
This machine has been in our family for a little over a week and I can say that it was the best decision that we ever made. We opted for the Core i7 256gb SSD option as it will be my wife's primary laptop and my "home from work" laptop. I have been very pleased with the speed of the laptop and it does everything that I need in a snap. No, it won't break any land speed records for heavy processing or engineering work, but for daily use such as Web, Mail, and light photo work, it is the perfect blend of durability and speed. My only regret is that my wife and I seem to have trouble letting each other use it, so I may end up having to get another one in the future.
1 person found this review helpful