Criteria Comments Rating
- Speed and features Faster to start then my MacBook and appears faster to load pages from Internet.
- Design and form factor It is the traditional clam shell design but much lighter in weight and thinner. Given those pluses for home use needs an external superdrive,
- Battery life Better battery life then my MacBook or my Netbook PC but still could be better. With just word processing I can get 7 hours of work. Internet brings it down,
- Display As good a display as any laptop I have seen.
- Durability Aluminum case travels well in my briefcase.
- Expandability With only two USB ports and no SD slot it is limited.
- Noise No noise. Silent.
- Portability (size / weight) Almost too light weight. It travels with me everywhere.
I bought the Mac Air as a replacement for a PC Netbook. I needed something I could take to meetings and still have the full functions of a computer. I also wanted a light weight and smooth user interface. The Netbook was a clunky design and was long in connecting to wifi and became hot quickly. Mac Air solved all of those issues and fit into my home network better since I was using a MacBook as my desktop computer. I now use the Air more then the MacBook because of mobility and no or very little heat. Excellent from working in bed.
0 people find this review helpful