Criteria Comments Rating
- Features No comments
- Display The best display ever on a mobile device. More like 9 / 10 than 5 out of 5 though, because there's some annoying artifacts near the edges.
- Battery life No comments
- Ease of use No comments
- Storage capacity No comments
- Design and form factor Heavy, clunky
- Portability (size / weight) Heavy, clunky
- Durability Very durable. Tried scratching it intentionally using coins, nails. Was unable to scratch it.
It's the best tablet on the market, hands down. It bests every other iPad, but compared to the iPad 2, it's a step back in every way except the display. Where the iPad 2 never displayed any noticeable lag when multitasking or using graphics-heavy apps, the iPad 3 will stumble ever so slightly. Not a lot, mind you, but noticeable, so it's not a deal breaker or even worthy of a points reduction, but still - it's noticeable and thereby a fact of life if you want it. It's heavier and it's clunkier. In other words, get the iPad 2 unless you really need 4G (in the US) or a retina display. And yes, the display is simply stunning, but the iPad 2 has a pretty good display as well, and it's already 100$ less than the iPad 3, so the value proposition is off the charts.
0 people find this review helpful