Criteria Comments Rating
- Ease of use iOS has always been stupid-simple, and that's still the case.
- Speed All devices I've tested iOS 6 on (iPhone 4, 4S, new iPad) have ran it flawlessly.
- Configurability It has some improvements, but its far from android in that department. And it's not necessarily a bad thing.
- Ecosystem (apps, drivers, etc.) Apple has always been the greatest in this category, and iOS 6 is no exception.
- Openness Apple doesn't really let you do anything on your own, but a jailbreak should come soon.
iOS 6 is just another step forward for the iOS platform, which is certainly in the top 2 of mobile operating systems - and it sits in first place for me. If you have a supported device, there's no reason at all why you shouldn't upgrade. Other than the crappy maps app, although its driving directions and Flyover really do work well - as long as you have a supported device (iPhone 4S & later, iPad 2 & later, iPod touch 5th generation & later - but you will need cellular data for the turn-by-turn navigation to work).
1 person found this review helpful