Criteria Comments Rating
- Media support It is an Apple product and it works great within the Apple ecosystem. AppleTV/iTunes don't support AVI, MKV, WMV, etc. Download Handbrake and convert to MP4.
- Video quality 1080p. I think the video output looks great. The quality of your contents compression will determine the quality of the AppleTV's output.
- Audio quality I have not had any audio quality issues. I am not running 5.1 surround.
- Ease of use Setting up the AppleTV is quite easy and that is the most difficult part of using the AppleTV.
- Design and form factor No comments
People are experiencing issues with the AppleTV dropping the connection to your "home sharing" computer. After looking through Apple support forums and at my own router logs it appears to be an issue with network settings not the AppleTV. My router's stock DHCP settings kept causing IP address conflicts between my AppleTV and other devices on my network. Look at assigning the AppleTV a static IP address that is outside of the DHCP range.
0 people find this review helpful