Criteria Comments Rating
- Display / readability Very clear, better than the iPad 2. Can read for hours without reading glasses or eye fatigue.
- Battery life Charge lasts about a month with 5 books read.
- Store and selection of titles Good selection, difficult to find really good books (too many to choose from). Much easier to use the web interface than the device interface.
- Ease of use Can't go wrong with only two buttons. Even my grandma gets it.
- Document support Amazon. 'nuff said.
- Storage capacity They're books, I could store these on my flash drive from 8 years ago.
- Durability Feels very durable, haven't dropped it or sat on it yet. Seems too thin to stand up to the punishment of a child.
- Design and form factor Device is the same size as those new 2/3 size hardcover books. Screen is the same size as a paperback.
- Portability (size / weight) Light and thin enough to hold one-handed.
I love books; real, dead-tree books. Most of the time I buy real books, but lately I can't make the time to carry and read them. The Kindle does what I needed, reduce the size of my books so that I can carry them with me everywhere and read more books.
0 people find this review helpful
Updated detailed review