Criteria Comments Rating
- Display / readability Far better now that its lit up. Lighting is a little uneven. I get why, because white leds are less power hungry. Room to improve though.
- Battery life No comments
- Store and selection of titles No comments
- Ease of use The touch screen takes a little getting used to (and I'm a tech guy). To less technical people, particularly the top menu could be a usability barrier.
- Document support No comments
- Storage capacity No comments
- Durability No comments
- Design and form factor Outstanding on the change in size. Lighter and easier to hold like a book.
- Portability (size / weight) No comments
Definitely a huge step up from the previous Kindle. Makes a huge improvement to reading in bed. Much more lightweight and easy to use. The touchscreen is a huge improvement over the physical keyboard, just in terms of size and usability. The top menu is a little wonky in usability. I worry that some non-technical people may just get annoyed by this (possible barrier to use). One can definitely see what will be in the next version (better evenness and tone of lighting). Overall though, a HUGE step up from the previous Kindle. And of course, Amazon's book selection is unparalleled.
0 people find this review helpful