Criteria Comments Rating
- Display / readability It has the best e-reader display I have every laid eyes on. The lighting is evenly distributed, crisp clear font, and doesn't strain my eyes at all.
- Battery life I've only had it a week or so, but I've never been wanting for battery life like I do for my cell phone and tablet. Stellar, even with the light on all the way.
- Store and selection of titles Amazon Kindle Store is absolutely fantastic. I've been a big fan and have purchased most of my school books through here.
- Ease of use I like how it shows the book cover instead of just listing name and author. Easy to navigate and easy to keep track of how far and how long I have/will read.
- Document support The Kindle Store is proprietary, but the personal document option is quite useful, of course the screen doesn't play nice with traditional docs and pdfs.
- Storage capacity 2GB. I'm going to run out of space, but the cloud makes swapping books out easily.
- Durability It feels sturdy and will definitely last longer than an average tablet.
- Design and form factor The way it's shaped makes it easy to hold in one hand and flip pages with one hand. Only annoying thing is the power button is on the bottom.
- Portability (size / weight) Extremely portable and can fit into my back pocket of my pants and easy to throw into my backpack. I couldn't ask for anything more convenient.
This is my first e-reader, but I've played with older KIndles and Nooks and was waiting for a product like the Paperwhite. The built in lighting and crisp display make reading a breeze and the portability means I am free to bring it anywhere. So glad I bought this and well worth the $119.
1 person found this review helpful
Edited comment on Battery life