Criteria Comments Rating
- Display / readability The brighter it gets, the better it looks.
- Battery life Lasts forever. Mine has never even come close to running out of juice.
- Store and selection of titles Too many titles (including my own book!) are unavailable. It's still the best selection out there, but if your tastes in reading are a bit out of the ordinary
- Ease of use Not bad. I'm not really fond of that rocker button you push to make a menu selection. Keyboard stinks for notes, which isn't easy to use. Needs a pen input.
- Document support Decent handling of pdfs.
- Storage capacity A storage card slot would be nice.
- Durability Seems solidly built, but I haven't had it long enough to give it a 5.
- Design and form factor Keyboard stinks. I like the big screen, but it's not as light and sexy as the smaller version.
- Portability (size / weight) Tradeoffs, as always. Heavier than the sexy little Kindle, but not too heavy for me, and you get the larger screen. If you don't need the extra real estate...
For my purposes (English Prof), a pen input would be really nice. Almost went with the Sony because of that, but the greater selection of books on Amazon was the deciding factor. If Amazon made a model with a stylus, I'd get it immediately.
0 people find this review helpful