Criteria Comments Rating
- Display / readability The e-ink display is just as good (if not better) than reading normal paper. Zero eye strain.
- Battery life As long as I remember to turn the 3G off, this thing can go for a month. Be careful for sneak-up battery drain. Sometimes my battery looks full, then dies.
- Store and selection of titles Amazon is doing a great job of making most of their new titles available for Kindle, and for retroactively putting titles up as well.
- Ease of use Totally simple to use.
- Document support It can be kind of a pain to get PDF's on here. Sometimes emailing them works. Really wish we could just drag and drop. More openness would be nice too.
- Storage capacity Is there even a limit? I don't know, I'll never hit it.
- Durability It's a little tank, this one.
- Design and form factor I like the design. Not as much as the Kindle 3, but obviously this is the older version. Keyboard sucks.
- Portability (size / weight) It's tiny! Even with my case, it's as portable as can be.
I love my Kindle. Even after getting an iPad, I still do 90% of my reading on the Kindle. There's less strain on my eyes, the battery life kills everything else out there, and the selection is great. I would put it in my Top 3 favorite gadgets of all time.
53 people find this review helpful